2009年2月8日 星期日

© RALPH LAUREN, Rizzoli International Publications, 2007

© RALPH LAUREN, Rizzoli International Publications, 2007






















INSPIRATION OF RALPH LAUREN

Reflection of New England
The West of America
Native American culture
Hollywood glamour
Ralph Lauren has codified the iconography of America into a vision all his own. “
Fashion is a function of lifestyle, and style a function of quality, integrity and timelessness,”


LIVING
His life & work in NYC, marriage to Ricky & family life with their three kids in the Hamptons

“My eyes are on my life," explains Lauren.

"They are my own private camera. I extend all the experiences from my private life into my work because that is my library.”

MOVIES

The innovative lifestyle advertising campaigns:
public signature of the company for four decades -
representing collaborations with star photographers:

Bruce Weber (who helped establish the trademark Ralph "look")


Shelia Metzner, Michael Thompson, François Halard, Patrick Demarchelier, Deborah Turbeville, and Oberto Gili - who collectively conjured up visions of idyllic dream worlds evoking American life from the West of cowboys and ranchers

summer resorts like Newport and the Hamptons
the winter skiing mecca of Aspen
modern life in the glittering city.

“When I work on a collection I feel like I’m making a movie. I want to tell a story, so I guess you could say I write through my clothes.”

HEROINES

A parade of the female icons Ralph Lauren has created since he showed his first women’s collection in 1972.



Dynamically partnered in full page spreads are the Aviatrix from
2005 paired with the Prairie Girl from 1982

The leonine Safari adventuress next to the Russian revolutionary.
Cowgirls
artists
bohemians
equestriennes

debutantes in tartan,


satin,weeds,velvets, lamé, and leather
capture the imagination with dazzling style, diversity and drama.

“When I design a collection I have a character in mind. I’ll say, ‘Who is she? Where does she live? What is her taste?’ I study her character and I create for her and through her.”

reference:http://fashiontribes.typepad.com/main/2007/07/ralph-celebrate.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言